All of our
swimming pool filter cartridges use genuine Reemay® spunbound polyester
media. End caps for the Pool and Spa cartridges are made
from a durable polyurethane material and are available
in a variety of configurations. Center cores of our cartridges
are comprised of punched PVC pipe for consistent flow.
Antimicrobial protection inhibits the growth of bacteria that can cause
stains, odors and fouling of the filter. This protection is limited to
the filter surface and does not protect spa users or others against
bacteria, viruses, germs or other disease organisms. Normal water
treatment practices should be maintained.
measure a cartridge
- Measure the outside diameter of the filter cartridge in inches.
- Measure the length of the filter cartridge from end cap to end cap. Do
not include things like handles or threaded bottoms in the measurement.
- Identify the end cap configuration. Is it threaded with a handle, or
open on both sides? Look at the pictures below to help you better identify
the end cap. If it is open measure the inner diameter of the hole.
- To better identify the cartridge, count the number of pleats. This
allows us to know the square footage of the cartridge in question.
|How to clean your cartridge
- When the pressure gauge on your filter tank reaches 8 p.s.i. above the
pressure recorded when a new cartridge is installed, or when there is a
noticeable decrease in the pressure coming from your return jets, it is time
to clean your cartridge.
- Remove the cartridge from the filter canister and dislodge loose
debris by directing a stream of water from a garden hose between each pleat.
Do not use a high-pressure car wash wand or a stiff brush to clean your
cartridge. These abrasive methods may damage the filter media.
- Soak the cartridge in a commercially prepared cartridge cleaner to remove
oils or other organics. If stubborn stains persist, soak the cartridge
overnight in a solution of one-quart household bleach to five gallons of
- Rinse the cartridge thoroughly with clean fresh water and return it to
the filter tank. Secure the tank lid and restart your filtration system per
- Always follow your filter equipment manufacturer's instructions when
removing or reinstalling your filter cartridge. Always exercise extreme care
when handling bleach or any other chemical. We recommend against acid
washing your filter cartridges.