C/CC Series Pump
• Recirculating pump shall be Sta-Rite Model No. _______ Centrifugal
Pump ________ phase, 60 Hz.
• Install pump in a cool, dry, well vented location away from pool
heaters, and chemical storage.
• Pump should be firmly mounted with pipe supported, to prevent
vibration and undue operational noise.
• Allow 12" minimum clearance behind motor for servicing.
• Motor overheating may be caused by a voltage drop or excessive
voltage. Be sure that wire size and voltage input is properly regulated.
• The recirculating pump shall be a flooded suction centrifugal
type pump, equipped with a hair and lint strainer installed as
shown in the plans.
• The pump body seal plate and attached hair and lint strainer shall be
cast of ____________ (red brass or gray iron) and close coupled to
the electric motor by means of an adapter of the same material. The
pump body shall have a single suction port of 21⁄2" NPT, a centerline
discharge port of 2" NPT, and a drain port of 1⁄4" NPT for winterizing.
The pump shall be a back pull-out design to allow servicing without
disturbing piping. Impeller wear ring shall be of bronze material
and be replaceable.
• The impeller shall be cast of silicon brass material and be of the
closed design, non-overloading at any point on the performance curve.
The self-flushing mechanical shaft seal shall be of the John Crane®
Type 2 or equivalent and constructed of ceramic and carbon in the
seal faces, and stainless steel, brass, and Buna N in the spring
bellows portion. The impeller shall be secured to the motor shaft
by means of a stainless steel key and a locking screw into the end
of the motor shaft.
• All fasteners in the pump shall be stainless steel. There shall be
a shaft slinger made of Neoprene to protect the motor bearings
from any seal leakage.
• The pump shall be capable of operating at a 75 psi pressure,
125°F continuous liquid temperature, and within a pH range of 4-10.
• The electric motor coupled to the pump shall be of the NEMA® Series
JM construction with carbon steel shaft inside a sealed removable
shaft sleeve of 300 Series stainless steel. The motor shall be of an
open, drip-proof design (unless otherwise specified) with permanently
sealed ball bearings. Single-phase motors shall have built-in thermal
overload protection of the automatic reset type. Motors shall be
continuous duty rated at 40°C, or better, and be suitable for outdoor
installation. The pump assembly shall have a stable mounting base
capable of being anchored to the mounting surface.
• The pump motor shall be a ______ HP, _____ phase, 60 Hz, 3450
RPM for service on _____ volt electrical supply. The pump and motor
shall be non-overloading at any point on the performance curve. The
pump shall be rated for ________ GPM at ________ TDH.